- Product Information
- Support Request
- Training & Services
- About Us
- Free Trial
Installing Skybot Scheduler on UNIX and Linux Servers
Before You Install
Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements before you install Skybot Scheduler on your AIX or Linux server.
- Install the Skybot Scheduler server software as root.
- The server software is installed into /opt/skybot/server.
- The Skybot Scheduler Agent software is installed into /opt/skybot/agent.
- The installer uses the default values for all ports (assuming none are already in use, in which case it decrements the port's value until an open port is found). You can manually override these port assignments.
- The server installer also installs a Skybot Scheduler Agent on your system and automatically configures it to connect to the Skybot Scheduler server software.
Installing Skybot Scheduler
Complete the following steps to install the Skybot Scheduler server software on your Enterprise Server.
- Log in as root.
- Download the file setupSkybotScheduler.tar to a temporary directory on your system (/tmp).
- Use the following command to extract the contents of the file:
tar -xf setupSkybotScheduler.tar
Extracted files will be put in a new directory named skybotinstall (/tmp/skybotinstall).
- Use the following commands to start the server installer:
- The installer displays the actions it is going to perform, and asks for your permission to proceed.
- When the installer has completed, it asks if you want to start the Skybot Scheduler server.
After You Are Done
After installation is complete, point a Web browser to the following URL:
where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of your Enterprise Server.
Read the Help/FACTS titled "Getting Started with Skybot Scheduler."