- Product Information
- Support Request
- Training & Services
- About Us
- Free Trial
Before You Begin
This Help/FACTS helps you get started with Skybot Scheduler.
- You must install the server and agent software before accessing the Skybot Scheduler browser.
- To access help while working in Skybot Scheduler, simply click the question mark from any page.
Accessing Skybot Scheduler
- After you've installed the server and agent software, point your desktop web browser to the following URL:
where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of your Enterprise Server.
- Enter a password for the admin user.
- After setting your password, the Skybot Scheduler home page and Getting Started section displays.
Follow the instructions in the Getting Started section to complete your installation and configuration.
Managing Users and Roles
Skybot Scheduler’s role-based security ensures that your users have access to only the parts of the product they need to perform their jobs. Roles contain a set of permissions to various Skybot Scheduler functions. Skybot Scheduler ships with three default roles: Administrator, Operator, and User. Use the Roles page to create new roles, if needed.
Create a role for every position or level of security clearance that needs to use Skybot Scheduler. Use the Roles feature to assign permissions for each user.
To create roles:
- Point to the Admin menu and select Roles.
- Click Create Role.
- Set permissions for the new role and click Save.
To create users:
- Point to the Admin menu and select Users.
- Click Create User.
- Enter the user's information, including assigning a role.
- Click Save.
- Click the Jobs tab.
- From the Jobs page, click Create Job. The Job settings page displays.
- Enter job information in the provided sections.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page to save the job and return to the Jobs page.
For more information about scheduling options, click the help icon in the upper right corner.