- Product Information
- Support Request
- Training & Services
- About Us
- Free Trial
Installing Skybot Scheduler Agents on Windows Servers
Before You Install
To install Skybot Scheduler agents on a Windows server, your system must run one of the following operating systems:
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (Windows 7 Server)
- Windows Server 2012
Installing Skybot Scheduler Agents on a Windows Server
- Download the Skybot Scheduler Agent Manager from the Skybot Software download page.
- Double-click the setupSkybotSchedulerAgent.zip file. The zip file contains the Windows installer file and a ReadMe file.
- Double-click the setupSkybotSchedulerAgent.exe file.
- Follow onscreen instructions to start the installation.
- The Skybot Scheduler Agent Configuration Window displays. Use this window to create a default agent for the system you are setting up.
- Enter an alias for the default agent for this system (you can have multiple agents on one system).
- Enter the local port number (installer defaults to 7473).
- The "Remote server to connect to" is the IP address of the server (Enterprise Server) where you installed Skybot Scheduler.
- The "Remote server port number" defaults to 7472 during the server installation. If you changed this during server installation, use the port number you entered.
- Click Next to continue. Follow onscreen instructions to finish the installation.
- At the end of the install, you are asked if you want to start the Agent Manager. Click Yes.
Note: If you want to add additional agents for this system, continue with steps 8-14.
- Double-click the Skybot Scheduler Agent Manager icon from the Windows tray.
- Click Add. The Add Agent window displays.
- Select Create a new Agent or Create an Agent from a configuration file.
- If you selected Create an Agent fom a configuration file, click the prompt (...) button to locate the agent configuration file. The Agent Configuration window displays.
- Set server information, server settings, and local agent settings for this agent. Make sure you use a unique listen port for the local agent settings to avoid conflicts when connecting multiple agents.
- Click OK. The main window displays, displaying the new agent.
After You Are Done
Once your agent systems are set up correctly, they will automatically appear in the list of agents on the Skybot Scheduler Enterprise Server.
Read the Help/FACTS titled "Getting Started with Skybot Scheduler."